Listen as we discuss how to drastically reduce (and even end) your teacher stress and anxiety - not by adding a bunch of stress-busting techniques - but by learning to trust in & surrender to our loving Heavenly Father.
Key takeaways about teacher stress & anxiety
- Just because stress, anxiety, and worry are super common amongst teachers doesn't mean they should be the norm in our lives. God desires something radically different for His children.
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. – Matthew 6:34
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. – Phil 4:6-7
- The solution to our anxiety is simple: Trust & Surrender
- We must believe that God is in control and that nothing happens in our lives that God has not either specifically designed or purposefully allowed.
- We must believe that God is a good Father and the best Teacher. He knows what we need and is working in our lives for good - not to make us happy but to make us more like Christ.
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. - Romans 8:28-29
SURRENDERING TO HIS PLAN
- We must surrender our hopes & desires to His. Often we worry because we’re holding on to what WE want & we’re worried it won’t turn out the way we hope. But there is sweet rest in surrendering to God's will, knowing it is best.
- We can pray for our desires but must always subject them to His. I love the example of Jesus in the garden as He, full of emotion, shared His desires with God but subjected them to the Father's will.
He [Jesus] went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.” - Matthew 26:39
how to trust & surrender
- This is a choice of our will, not our emotions. We may not feel trust. We may not feel like we want to surrender. We may not like the thought of what that might look like. But we can choose (a decision of our will) to trust & surrender. Our feelings will eventually catch up.
- “Unbelief puts circumstances between itself & Christ, so as not to see Him. Faith puts Christ between itself & circumstances, so that it cannot see them.” – Shepherd’s Psalm by F.B. Meyer
Want a printable version of this quote to help you remember this valuable truth? We're happy to send it to you. Click the button below to request a copy.
RESOURCES to help you trust god
I love this site and resource I wish I found it years ago.
Thank you so much
so glad to hear you’re finding it helpful!