Want to pray right now? In this special podcast episode, we provide prayer prompts and then give you a few moments to actually pray for each request. Simply hit play to begin:
How often do we view prayer as a last resort. We’ve tried everything we can think of, so all we can do now is pray.
But shouldn’t we go to prayer first? Shouldn’t we beseech God daily to transform our classrooms, to work in our students’ heart and guide us to deal with each situation wisely?
If you remember nothing else, remember this: you need God, and you need prayer.
He alone can move when we’re at a loss, reaching into lives that seem hopeless, transforming them when we thought nothing could. He alone can guide us, filling us with His Spirit, equipping us to meet each challenge with patience, grace, and wisdom. He can do all this, and more. But have we asked Him?
Prayer truly does change things. It not only moves God to act in the affairs of our lives and classrooms, but it also changes our own hearts and brings them in alignment with His perfect plan.
So with the importance of prayer utmost in our minds, here are some specific things we can pray for today & throughout the year.
30 Prayers for Christian Teachers to Pray
- That students will be motivated, focused, and on-task
- That God would give you opportunities to speak truth into your students’ lives
- That there would be a spirit of unity & respect amongst your students
- That your students would feel safe & loved in your classroom
- That your students’ families and homes would be strengthened
- That God would keep your students safe from danger
- That God would work in your students’ lives to draw them to Himself
- That God would keep your students from sin and its deception
- That God would bring the right friends and mentors into your students’ lives to guide and encourage them
- That God would direct your students’ future plans into the paths He has for them
- That God would help you see your students’ needs and give you opportunities to help them
- That God would give you wisdom to know how to handle various situations that arise in your classroom
- That God would show you what needs to change in your own life & give you the grace to be more like Him
- That God would empty you of yourself & fill you with His Spirit
- That God would give you strength and energy to do His work today
- That God would give you a love for each of your students, especially the ones that try your patience
- That God would give you boldness to speak the truth and love to share it effectively
- That God would help you use your time wisely and to know how to care for both your students and your family
- That God would bring the right friends & mentors into your own life to encourage and strengthen you (and that you will be an encouragement & mentor to others)
- That God would give you the right words as you teach so that you will be effective, engaging, and relevant
- That you would depend on His Spirit and not on your own strength
- That others would see Jesus in you & be drawn to Him. And that you would be a bright light leading others to Him
- That your fellow teachers would have energy & wisdom
- That God would give strength to the school’s support staff
- That your administration would have wisdom to make the right decisions
- That there would be a spirit of unity amongst the faculty, staff, and administration
- That God’s Spirit would be at work in hearts and lives
- That the parents would be involved and that there would be a spirit of oneness and cooperation
- That God would direct the decisions that are being made that you have no control over
- That God would bring the right teachers, administration, staff, and students to your school
What prayers would you add to the list? Share them with a comment below.
Join our Prayer Challenge
We’re committing to simply pray – for God to work in our students, our schools, and our own lives. We’ll pray and see what God will do.
Click here to join the 21-Day Prayer Challenge for Christian teachers.
Would you like a beautiful & tangible way to remember & focus on these prayers? Click here to grab a set of prayer cards that include all these prayers and more, along with blank cards and encouraging Scripture.
Maybe a prayer about the finances of the school. Most Christian schools worry about money. Especially schools like me that are not church affiliated.
Thank you for being there for us! I am glad I found you!
very encouraging and helpful site…. GOD bless you more.
Thank you. Teaching is very difficult for me now. I work in a public school. These prayers are right on target. I will add these to my morning prayer every morning. Praise the Lord for this site. Sadly, I dread going to work. I have a love for children and teaching, but truth is the kids are just all over the place and so is the staff. It is not oneness. I work with at risk students. I want more mentors and motivational speakers for them. In my school I am just a small voice. Everything and I mean everything I would like to pray about are in those prayers. I pray the classroom be a positive safe haven for the students and me. I pray to continue to love kids and teaching and to remain in my character. I have been feeling so overwhelmed and incompetent.
It is inspiring.Thank you for helping teachers, their task need wisdom from the Master teacher(Jesus).Stay blesses
I will be listening to this podcast often and hopefully sharing it with other praying teachers in my school. Thank you so much for your faithfulness in encouraging teachers who are on the forefront of the battle lines for the hearts and minds of our students!
This is so awesome!!! Thank you so much. Take care and God bless.
These prayer prompts are amazing and right on time for me. Thank you Connie, a friend and colleague for sending these to me.
Linda, I cannot thank you enough for this “means of grace” tool! I have shared it with my co-workers who have a heart for God and every time I sit quietly and listen to your prayer prompts it is so uplifting and helps my over-whelmed and over-working mind come into focus on the power of our Father to help with every need! Thank you so much for doing this podcast!
Forgive our sins for Jesus’ sake and bless our work in His Name.
Thank you for these prayers! I’m in the 40HTWClub also and have been trying to not only streamline my classroom routines but also create a more intentional prayer routine. So combining what I learned in the 40HTWClub with Val Worner’s Fluency in Prayer e-course, I scheduled one of these prayers to pop up each day of the month on my Google Keep task list. That way each morning I get a reoccuring 7:30am reminder to pray for a different facet of my school. I’m excited to see what God develops as a result of this intention. 🙂