As Christian teachers, we need to support, encourage, and edify one another. And one organization who’s doing a great job of this is Christian Educators Association International (CEAI).
Recently I had the privilege to speak with Finn Laursen, the executive director of CEAI, and to hear a little bit more about this incredible organization and its mission.
I believe every Christian educator will benefit from CEAI’s resources, but those who serve in public schools, in particular, absolutely need to check out what CEAI has to offer them. Why? I’m glad you asked.
6 Things You Should Know about Christian Educators Association International
- They encourage, equip, and empower Christian teachers to teach from a Biblical worldview. CEAI understands that if we want to be effective in reaching and discipling out students with the gospel, we must have a strong Biblical worldview. And it’s not enough just to have the worldview; we must know how to apply it in the classroom. CEAI provides articles, newsletters, seminars, and training on how the truths of Scripture should impact our teaching. Even (and especially) in a public school.
- They offer training and tips to help teachers best impact their students. No matter where you teach, your desire is to impact your students. CEAI offers a variety of resources to help you do just that, including their daily TiPPS broadcast. In particular, CEAI provides teachers in the public sector with the information they need about their rights and how they can legally live out their faith in the public school.
- They are particularly geared towards helping Christian teachers in public schools. If you teach in a public school, you simply have to find out more about CEAI. They are there to help and support you and to give you the tools you need to truly make a difference. This short video by director Finn Laursen gives a brief introduction to some of what they offer.
- They can be an alternative to joining the teachers’ union. If you’ve been thinking there’s no alternative to your teachers’ union, we’ve got good news for you. As discussed in the video above, a membership with CEAI provides a multitude of benefits including professional liability insurance, legal and educational consultation, job action protection, term life insurance, Biblical worldview training, newsletters, prayer networks, seminars, and much more. Find out more about membership benefits here.
- They help teachers rekindle their passion, calling, and purpose to transform their schools with God’s love. One of the most incredible ministries of CEAI is the Daniel Project, an organized effort to help teachers effect true change in their schools. In each session, a select group of teachers come aside for a think tank weekend of prayer, discussion, and goal-setting. The Daniel Project has seen teachers’ minds transformed and passions rekindled, and the results are tangible goals and action plans for real change.
- They have an app coming soon that will provide free devotions, Bible studies, and teaching tips. One of the newest developments at CEAI is their upcoming app, which will provide free resources for all teachers. It will be free, and you don’t have to be a member to take advantage of the encouragement and advice. To be notified when the app is released, follow CEAI on Facebook or Twitter.
For those of you who teach in public schools, what has been your biggest challenge as a Christian teacher? Share your experience with a comment below (or for those reading this by email, click here).