50+ Best Websites for Teachers
These days there are so many websites and resources available to help teachers, but that doesn’t mean that teachers know what all’s available to them.
There’s so many lists of websites out there, but what makes this one unique is that these websites have been recommended by teachers themselves. Thank you to all the teachers who submitted your favorite website!
A disclaimer, though: I have not personally vetted all of these websites. I’ve simply compiled a list of websites that teachers love and recommend. I hope it will be helpful. And help make this list even better by adding your favorites in the comments!
Websites that Provide Resources, Ideas, or Professional Help
- Pinterest. (Have you followed Teach 4 the Heart? Click here to check out our boards.)
- Teachers Pay Teachers – free and for-purchase classroom resources created by teachers for teachers
- Education.com – games, activities, worksheets, articles, and much more
- Dad’s Worksheets – nearly 10,000 printable math worksheets plus several cool interactive calculators, all for free
- KutaSoftware – awesome free math worksheets (pre-algebra through calculus)
- Super Teacher Worksheets – all subjects (mostly elementary)
- Read, Write, Think – resources, lesson plans, articles, and more
- The Measured Mom – free printables & resources
- Christian Educators Association International
- WISE – web-based inquiry science environment
- Math Coach’s Corner – articles, games, activities, and more
- The Positive Engagement Project – a variety of tools for teachers to get their students positively engaged in active learning
- Newsela – nonfiction literacy and current events
- Reading A-Z – paid membership gains access to thousands of downloadable, projectable, and printable teacher materials
- Cybrary Man’s Educational Websites – a collection of more great websites for teachers
- Ed Helper
- Enchanted Learning – curriculum material
- SMART Exchange – exchange teaching resources
- Brain Pop – animated curricular content
- Common Core Sheets – worksheets aligned with (you guessed it) common core
- Teacher Brain – a range of printable activities, boardgames, learning station resources and workbooks for K-6
- TeachHub – K-12 news, lessons, and shared resources
- Have Fun Teaching
- Teaching Channel – a community of teachers & lots of great videos
- Engage NY – materials and resources from the New York State Education Department
- Pete’s Power Point Station – free power points and interactive activities for kid
- Teachers’ Notebook – more resources for sale made by teachers for teachers
- Mailbox – collection of free teaching resources. Get even more with a paid subscription
- Giggle Poetry
- Autism Parenting Magazine– a wide variety of information and resources that will help anyone who works with kids who have autism.
Great Websites for the Classroom and/or Students
- Remind.com – a safe way for parents to text message students and stay in touch with parents
- Moby Max – integrated curriculum and teacher use system for ELA and math Common Core
- Discovery Education – provides high quality, dynamic, digital content to schools
- Read Theory – Sign up for free and gain access to over 1,000 reading comprehension exercises.
- Read Works – reading comprehension
- FCRR – Florida Center for Reading Research
- GoNoodle – brain breaks kids love
- ABCya.com – free educational kids computer games
- Planbook.com – lesson planning made easy
- Free Rice – practice questions in a variety of subjects (and they donate rice to impoverished countries for each answer you get right. How cool is that!?)
- Flocabulary – educational hip-hop songs and videos
- Reading Rockets – help young children learn to read
- CNN Student News – a ten-minute, commercial-free, daily news program designed for middle and high school classes.
- Grammar Bytes – grammar quizzes
- AR Book Finder
- Utah Education Network – K-2 student interactives & much more
- Illuminations – resources for teaching math
Awesome Blogs for Teachers
- Teach 4 the Heart. That’s us and you’re already here. If you like the site, click here to sign up for updates.
- Corkboard Connections
- The Cornerstone for Teachers
- Cult of Pedagogy
- Minds in Bloom
- Dear Teacher/Love Teacher
- Teaching Sam and Scout
- We Are Teachers
- Kindergarten Kindergarten
- Forkin 4th
- The Inspired Apple
- Live, Laugh, Love – kindergarten
- Math Coach’s Corner
- Mrs. Renz’ Class – elementary
- Little Minds at Work – kindergarten
Is your favorite website not on the list? Add it in the comments below.
This post is sponsored by Dad’s Worksheets. We have used their resources in the past, so we were so excited when they approached us about a partnership.
Original photo by sunshinecity